Taylorsville Chamber of Commerce, established in November 2009.
Officers of the Chamber are:
- President: Newt Ishee
- Vice President: Daryl Temple
- Secretary: Melissa Rebry
- Treasurer: Gwen Creel
Contact Newt Ishee at 601-785-4756 for more information or if you are interested in joining the Taylorsville Chamber .
Please visit the TaylorsvilleChamber.com to learn more about us and for information about the upcoming Grillin’ n Chillin’ BBQ Festival 2014 on November 1! The contact form on the chamber website is a great way to ask questions or leave a comment.
We invite all individuals, businesses, and industry to attend meetings and offer your input. United we can stimulate growth and economic development in Taylorsville. Anyone who has the interest of our town at heart is welcome to visit or join the Chamber.
If you would like to JOIN Taylorsville’s Chamber of Commerce, please print a membership form and mail to:
Taylorsville Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 295
Taylorsville, MS 39168
See our industry page for more info about the West Taylorsville Industrial Park.
Check out Mid Mississippi Development’s Website for pictures.We have site ready land available. The Town of Taylorsville and Smith County are ready to help in any way we can. We can assist you in building a profitable business or industry in our county.
Financial Assistance for Business Customers
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA), through the Financial Resources Division, administers a variety of incentive programs designed to assist businesses in obtaining loans for development and expansion and to posture the State as an aggressive competitor in the global market.
Grant Programs for Business Customers
- Development Infrastructure Program (DIP)
- Economic Development Highway Program (EDH)
- Industrial Access Road Program (PDF)
- Freight Rail Service Grant Program (RAIL) (PDF)
- Job Protection Grant Program (PDF)
Loan Programs for Business Customers
- Agribusiness Enterprise Loan Program
- Business Incubator Loan Program
- Energy Investment Program
- Existing Industry Productivity Loan (PDF)
- Freight Rail Service Projects Revolving Loan Program (PDF)
- Job Protection Loan Program (PDF)
- Capital Improvements Revolving Loan Program
- Minority Business Enterprise Loan Program
- Minority Business Micro Loan Program
- Minority Surety Bond Guaranty Program
- Mississippi Capital Access Loan Program (MS CAP) (PDF)
- Mississippi Business Investment Act
- Mississippi Major Economic Impact Authority (PDF)
- Research and Development (Incubator) Loan (PDF)
A number of tax incentives are available for new and expanding industry in Mississippi. Incentive packages can be tailored for specific projects based upon industry type, business location and number of jobs created. Some credits available include:
- Advantage Jobs Incentive Program (PDF)
- Job Tax Credits (PDF)
- Rural Economic Development Credits (RED) (PDF)
- Existing Manufacturer Tax Credits (PDF)
- Growth and Prosperity Program (GAP) (PDF)
- National or Regional Headquarters Jobs Credit (PDF)
- Research and Development Jobs Credit (PDF)
- Sales and Use Tax Exemption for Construction or Expansion (PDF)
- Sales and Use Tax Exemption for Bond Financing (PDF)
- Skills Training Tax Credit (PDF)
- Property Tax Exemptions (PDF)
- Child/Dependent Care Tax Credit (PDF)
- Industrial Revenue Bond Exemptions (PDF)
- Free Port Warehouse Exemption (PDF)
- In-State Inventory Exemption (PDF)
- Broadband Technology Ad Valorem Exemption (PDF)
- Economic Redevelopment Act (Brownfields)
Other Income Tax Credits which are most industry specific exist, such as the Ad Valorem Tax Credit, Alternative Energy Tax Credit, Export Charges Tax Credit, Import Port Tax Credit, and the Motion Picture Production Tax Incentive. Contact MDA for more information.
For more information:
Financial Resources Division