Archive for July 2011
1. In 1901 the Taylorsville Signal was opened as a newspaper office in a white frame building to day it is called?
2. On July 7, 2011 a portion of Hwy 531 was dedicated to?
3. After years of being in a church, the citizens of Taylorsville on march 22, 2010 were able to move into a new?
4. Taylorsville’s 1st water tower was built in 1939 by Chicago Bridge and Iron. What character’s hat from the Wizard of Oz was designed to look like our water tower?
5. How many state championships have we won in baseball, track, football, cheerleading and basketball?
6. The town of Taylorsville was incorporated on July 9th in what year?
Read the rest of this entry »
The grand opening of El Zapote, Taylorsville’s newest restaurant, was held July 6, at 11:00am.
Located at 323 Front St., El Zapote is open every day, including weekends, from 11:00am to 10:00pm. Jose Lopez, owner of El Zapote, invites everyone to stop by and sample the all-you-can-eat buffet, or call in a take out order at 601-785-9000! Jose is joined by his wife, Maria, and daughter, Poulina. With the addition of El Zapote, there has never been a better time, or reason, so shop or eat in Taylorsville! Please support Jose, Maria, Poulina, and the entire staff as they work to make El Zapote a part of the Taylorsville business community!