Archive for June 2011
The big news is that it is HOT, HOT, HOT. Can you believe we are experiencing one hundred degree temperatures already?!
- Our Central Street Project has completed the water and sewer portion of the project, but we are waiting for the dirt to be compacted before the resurfacing can begin to complete the project.
- The Town applied for an emergency grant of $95,000 to replace an old sewer line. After a very heavy rain on March 14, 2011, we discovered a problem between Moore St. and Hwy. 28. It was discovered that a manhole on this line had sank and had caused a break in the sewer line.
- Beginning, this week, work will begin on the interior of the Watkins Museum. A team of professionals will oversee the work and provide new displays for the museum.
- The Board of Alderman voted in the April meeting to authorize the Mayor to apply for a Pat Harrison Grant. If approved the Town will receive a matching grant of $25,000 to replace the culvert on Hester Street.
- A new sign has been installed at the Industrial Park by the business owners.
- Did you know we are the only town in the county that has industries?
- Don’t forget the summer reading program at the Evon A. Ford Library every Tuesday at 2:00 P.M. If you have any questions, please call 601-785-6532.
Rosalyn Glenn, Mayor